Cyber Security Threat Detection Analyst
I hold a Bachelor Degree in Cyber Forensics and Information Security, Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Information Systems Network Administration and ten certifications. As a Threat Detection Analyst for NTT Security, I research security and machine learning events, perform packet-level analysis, and pentration testing to provide advanced analytics and identify threats that may evade standard forms of detection. This also includes the analysis and reverse engineering of files recovered from malspam campaigns, phishing, exploit attempts, and providing actionable incident notifications with tailored recommendations. Most importantly, I am largely self-taught, and an internally motivated professional.
Professional Skills and Tools
- SIEM: Splunk, LogRhythm, MapR, ELK, Kibana.
- PCAPS: WireShark, Tshark, TCPDUMP, editcap, NetworkMiner.
- Virtualization: AWS, VMware, ESXI, VirtualBox.
- Digital Forensics: Sleuth Kit (+Autopsy), FTK.
- Malware Analysis: PE Explorer, Sysinternals Suite, Explorer Suite, InetSim, Snort/Suricata, x64bdg, OllyDbg, IDA, Ghidra, Linux.
- Laws: Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 1996, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act 1999, Homeland Security Act and the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Strong background in Networking including Protocols, IPv4/IPv6, Subnetting.
- HTML5, C++, Python, PHP, WordPress.
Bachelor of Science: Cyber Forensics & Information Security
Robert Morris University, Moon Township, PA
2016 – 2018
Dean’s List & President’s List 2016 – 2018 – 120 credits GPA: 3.75
Associate of Applied Science: Computer Information Systems – Network Administration
Butler County Community College (BC3), Butler, PA
2015 – 2017
Dean’s List & President’s List 2015 – 2017 – 93 credits GPA: 3.5
CompTIA Network+ N10-007
CompTIA IT Operations Specialist
Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
Splunk Core Certified Power User
Splunk Core Certified User
LogRhythm Security Analyst
Network Pro TestOut
April, 2018 – Currently Employed*
Threat Detection Analyst, NTT Security Operations Center, 100 Global View Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086
August, 2018 – April, 2018
Cyber Security Analyst, NTT Security Operations Center, 100 Global View Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086
October, 2017 – August, 2018
Lead Line Technical Support (1st Level Supervisor), Armstrong, AGOC, 437 N. Main St, Butler, PA 16001
May, 2015 – October, 2017
Technical Support Representative, Armstrong, AGOC, 437 N. Main St, Butler, PA 16001
*References/more information will be made available upon request.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org